Monday, February 22, 2010

Lake Worth Graphic Design Student Sarah Nastri Exhibition: Broken Landscapes

After completing high school, Sarah Nastri began her college education at Palm Beach State. Moving to Los Angeles she expanded her art experience and education until she eventually moved back to Florida to finish her degree at The University of Central Florida, graduating with a BFA specializing in printmaking. Sarah is now continuing her education at Palm Beach State, taking courses in web design classes.

When asked about her work, Sarah states:
"art and creativity are an important part of who I am. I love the challenge in finding new and exciting materials and techniques to add to the diversity of my portfolio. My art has always been a personal experience. I feel a close relationship to my pieces as they develop.

Family is a strong inspiration and consistent theme throughout my developing work. I combine landscape and architecture to portray surreal spaces. The use of imagery from new and old family photographs is incorporated through the use of various media to create balanced compositions.

My use of overlapping images and color create compelling pieces that manly focus on the aesthetics of printmaking. Working with color and creating texture brings the flat surfaces alive."


Sarah's solo exhibition Broken Landscapes is a collection of prints, mixed media and wall sculpture at The Eissey Campus Theatre, 3160 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens. February 24th- April 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment